Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mashed Potatoes

If the truth be known, I rarely make mashed potatoes the conventional way. We regularly eat Dutch stamppot with boiled potatoes smashed with our favorite veggie and served with fried bacon and its fat. But that isn't mashed potatoes like I know mashed potatoes. So when I heard that in order to make the best mashed potatoes that you needed to use a potato ricer, I began looking for one. Who knows? I might decide to prepare mashed potatoes, and I want to do it right.

One day at our local "antique mall," I saw the red potato ricer in the photos below. The price was in my budget and the red color is in my kitchen palette, so SOLD! Or rather I bought it, brought it home, and put it on the kitchen table. It has been a conversation piece for a year now, but I am still waiting to make the best mashed potatoes with my mid-1900's potato ricer.



No comments:

Post a Comment