Monday, December 3, 2012

On the Veranda on December 3

The cup of tea says it all. This is why we choose to spend winters in Louisiana. This morning at 9:00 I can sit outside on our front veranda in my sleeveless duster and drink my morning cup of tea. The temperature is 65F (18C), and the sun is trying to break through the clouds. So warmer temps are on the schedule for later today.

This wood and metal garden set has been in our Dutch family for as long as I can remember. So that makes it at least 35 years old (or many more!). The layers of green paint have preserved it from the elements, plus the owners have kept it hidden in the winter months. So now it sees the light of day outside on our front porch in December. And it will stay outside here permanently, unless we have a really bad wind storm. Then my hub and I will hide it away until nicer weather.

My mother and oldest niece probably remember sitting on the bench by the kitchen door back in Olst. I remember a comfy cushion on the chairs and bench, so I guess that means a sewing plan.

In the meantime, this is the first of the "museum pieces." In the process of downsizing for their move to a new apartment, my sister-in-law and hub added this family heirloom to our shipment. It has a perfect fit in the Deep South!

No comments:

Post a Comment